About Project Trust
Project Trust is an educational charity based on the Hebridean Isle of Coll. Since 1967 Project Trust has sent over 7,000 Volunteers to Africa, Asia and the Americas to a wide range of long-term volunteering projects including teaching, social care work, outward bound instructing and community development.
All Project Trust’s Volunteers are 17-19 year-old school leavers, with around 260 Volunteers from across the UK and Europe going overseas annually. The projects are carefully selected, and rigorously vetted, to ensure the Volunteers’ existing skills can be put to good use in their host communities and that our Volunteers do not take work away from local people.
Extensive training and support before, during and after their time overseas is provided to all Volunteers, to maximise both the educational value of their experience and the positive impact they have in their projects. Staff on Coll, project Hosts and Overseas Representatives support the Volunteers during their placements, and Volunteers return to Coll for a Debriefing course at the end of their year.
Project Trust is widely regarded as the leader in the field of international volunteering and is highly respected.
Purpose of Job
To work within the Volunteer & Schools Engagement Team to raise Project Trust’s profile with the aim of recruiting a target of up to 300 Volunteers each year.
Summary of Main Responsibilities
- To assist the Head of Volunteer & Schools Engagement with the development and implementation of a recruitment strategy for Project Trust.
- To take on responsibility for the recruitment of potential Volunteers from specific regions of the UK.
- To represent the Volunteer & Schools Engagement Team at school presentations, careers fairs or equivalent.
- To support and coordinate Returned Volunteers in the delivery of school talks.
- To develop partnerships with the appropriate education and youth sectors.
- To support the delivery of the Global Citizenship programme.
- To work on Volunteer courses – Selection, Training and Debriefing.
- To take on responsibility for Volunteer & School Engagement administration associated with the above tasks.
- Within the job holder’s skills and abilities, support the CEO and Head of Volunteer & Schools Engagement as required in other tasks or activities which contribute to the achievement of Project Trust’s objectives and its development.
Project Trust recognizes the positive value of diversity and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please register your interest to download the application forms and more information.
|Reporting to||Head of VaSE (Recruitment)|
|Location||Project Trust Office, Isle of Coll, Scotland|
Subsidised rental accommodation provided
|Working Hours||9am – 5pm weekdays, with flexibility|
|Closing Date||21 July 2019|
|First Interviews (Video)||w/c 29 July 2019|
|Second Interviews (Coll)||w/c 5 August 2019|
|Preferred Start Date||September 2019|